Mon, Mar 28|
Seven Peaks Software Office, The PARQ
PDPA is coming: What should I be doing now?
Time & Location
Mar 28, 2022, 6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Seven Peaks Software Office, The PARQ, 88 Ratchadaphisek Road The PARQ (West Wing Unit 8-13, 7th Floor Khwaeng Khlong Toei, Khet Khlong Toei, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10110, Thailand
About the Event
Thailand’s Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) was adopted into law on May 28, 2019 and has been postponed to commence on 1 June 2022. A grace period is going to be offered to small businesses trying to meet the minimum-security requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA). Whether you are ready or not, PDPA is coming. The principle of the PDPA is to combat personal data misuse, as people's consent is required before their personal information is used. So, what does it actually mean for business especially SMEs? What should you do to get your company ready?
Even before the PDPA regulations are ready, join us to learn from experts on what are relevant key learning points from four years of GDPR experience, how PDPA affects your business operation and how to prepare for it. We will also cover GDPR’s key principles and key learning points for SMEs as well as practical primary PDPA law and procedures known at this stage that should be applied.
Date: Monday, 28 March 2022
Time: 18.00 – 20.30 hrs. (Event starts 18,30 hrs.)
Venue: Seven Peaks Software Office, The PARQ, 7th Floor (Map)
Admission: Free of charge (Limited seats available)
- Rie Aleksandra Walle, Senior Advisor, NoTies Consulting, Specialises in GDPR, ePrivacy and data protection
- Experts from Tilleke and Gibbins
- To keep our community safe, the chamber would like you to follow the Covid-19 safety requirements below.
- As we are only able to accept a limited number of fully-vaccinated participants, please send us copies/screenshots of your Covid-19 vaccination certificate
- Please also send us proof of negative ATK test taken within 36 hours of arriving at the event Kindly submit the required evidence to us via email@example.com within Monday 28 March 2022, 12.00 hrs.